Love at First Web Site
Thursday, November 15, 2007
 
Applied for my visa today. It was only going to be 30 bucks so I decided to upgrade to a six month double entry to keep my options open. The guy at the counter flicked through my passport and was delighted to find 3-4 Taiwanese visas stuck inside. He called his supervisor over to get a squiz as well. I really hope they don't decide to reject me, because I've already frickin bought the ticket. Maybe I could sue.
Then I called the tax office to ask why I just got this huge bill. They explained it and I politely asked them if they could transfer me to the debts department so I could arrange a payment plan. 13.75% interest ain't too bad. The amount's not that huge. I would pay it now if I wasn't going to China. But then again, if the Chinese consulate decided I'm a spy for the Taiwanese, and refuse to give me a visa, I'll be able to make the ATO's day.
OK so it's already 11am, I've got 13 hours left to study for this exam. Luckily I polished off the hardest topic last night, so I've only got relatively easy stuff to learn now. Notice I don't use the word revise, because that would be wrong. I'm looking at all this shit for the first time.
OK what else can I do to procrastinate now? Can't eat - no food. Can't have a coffee - already had one. Can't go for a walk along King St - I would never forgive myself. Fuck, I may just have to start studying right now.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Welcome. For Taiwan posts see March 2004 - Jan 2005. Enjoy!! Do leave a comment - I feel loved.

Archives
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / August 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / May 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2010 / December 2010 / January 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]