Christmas is in the air! I'm going down to Katie-wa's for christmas. Handed in my leave form today. Can't wait. High five!
One of my best friends in primary school Mandy is on facebook now and it's very nice because I haven't spoken to her since I was in Taiwan.
Speaking of Asia, Maryann who I studied with at Tunghai is going to be in Shanghai when I'm there, and is going to come to Shaolin temple with me! Yay! Unfortunately I'll be 'ronery' in Beijing as long as I'm staying the same hostel as I did last time, I'll be fucking sweet. This time, it'll be new hutongs, new bars, new dumpling restaurants, new cultural relics in the form of Qing dynasty coins sold at markets to devour at my leisure, until I head up to Harbin. My language exchange partner Rongrong is going to come withme, (she has also invited me back to her hometown) which should be wonderful too. In her hometown, Baoding, there is a restaurant that serves the dished that were only allowed to be eaten by the governor of Beijing province (back in the imperial days) and forbidden to the common people. Should be good. If I fly down to Lhasa I will only have 5-6 days there which is not enough to explore the rest of Tibet, so I don't know if it will be worth the expense, and if I should wait till I can spend much more time there. Last time I went, I had absolutely no plan, but this time, because I'm arranging to meet everyone I know, I've had to lock in certain dates and I'm worried that I'm always going to be under pressure to follow my itinerary and catch the pre-booked trains etc. Ah well, should be good. When I finish my degree, I'm going to go on THE trip. Maybe the trans-Siberian, or a more southern route through India and the middle east. Rajasthan looks fucking awesome.