I had the most amazing China clothes buying session.
1. Bright pink corduroy pants, on sale
2. Long sleeved black top from Vinnies (with pink Chinese characters on it - to go with the pants)
3. A turtle-necked woollen (50%) jumper from Vinnies. Not only does it fit properly, but later when I got home I discovered it was Elle brand. Noice.
4. A 35% wool grey and black jumper, also on sale.
5. A 100% lambswool cardigan, Charlie Brown, which will neatly go over both jumpers when I'm in Harbin, because it's a size 14. From where else but Vinnies.
6. A wool dress that can go over jeans for when I'm strutting my stuff along the Bund where it's a lot warmer than Harbin
7. And finally, a plain pink t-shirt, to add to my collection of t-shirts which I will wear underneath all the woollen stuff which I can't wash because they all require handwashing.
I'm a genius. Just need socks, one more pair of woollen tights for Harbin, and travel diary, and bob's your frickin Uncle. Or Aunty. I had coffee with Kate and Shane at the airport today and we saw a tranny shouting at the lady at the check-in desk. What we gathered was that they wouldn't let him fly because he didn't have a visa, and he wouldn't tell them his return date. He was going on about how he doesn't have to tell them, and said something about how he's an 'at risk' person. Not sure what that means. Anyway, security came, explained to him who was boss, and as he stormed off, shouted "child molestation!" indignantly. So I'm thinking they must have asked him if he was a child molester or something. I theorised that he was on his way to meet his Bangkok tranny boyfriend/girlfriend and didn't plan on coming back. Maybe he was going to start up his own tranny/child brothel (Bangkok Special) and shit would go down if he didn't get there on time. Who knows.