Dude I was just amending my resume to send in with my app to enrol at Sydney uni, and discovered that the resume I have sent out to 5 or 6 people in the last week was bloody riddled with mistakes. Obviously that's the last thing you want to happen when the jobs you are applying for are all about attention to detail. I used to have excellent attention to detail. It got me promoted to 'Back Order Girl' at the bookshop years ago. But when you're surrounded by people who don't have it, you start wondering what the use is of even trying, if the place seems to run fine without it. Then you decide that you may as well save a few seconds every day by skimming over things instead of checking, and then it's just a slippery slope. It's kind of like forgetting how to spell after being immersed in Chinese characters for so long, where that part of your brain that you use to spell atrophes from disuse. I never knew I had attention to detail until it was pointed out; I assumed everyone knew how to spell, and that everyone did things properly. But it is in fact not the norm, and you allow yourself to be dragged down just because you feel like there's no point. This is why I sometimes desire to work for a huge elite/ist company like PwC where I could only improve rather than get worse. These companies are where people can spell and use apostrophes properly and take good presentation for granted.
I'll tell you what. I am really fucking sick of eating humble pie right now. Dude, I've had enough of this fucking pie. There's just so much admin you can do before you just say fuck I'd rather go on the dole and be real genuine loser than listen to one person tell me about 'consistency' while another person spells 'Asian' A-i-s-a-n on a flyer advertising the product of a company that specialises in Asian destinations. If I sound too big for my boots, I don't give a shit, it means they're too frickin small.
In conclusion, I feel ambivalent towards all the retards out there who I blame for making it necessary to be screened for retarded-ness every time you apply for a job that you could do after half your brain has been pulled out through your nose, but then again, without retards, people like me would never be managers, because we wouldn't have any retards to actually manage.
I'm sick of the food chain. It's time I made my own!!