Love at First Web Site
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
 
My First Foray into the World of Sales and Marketing
It was last week at TIC and I was in a newsagency browsing the mags. I decided to find our plug in Vogue Living. It was in the Japan special double spread, and the single sentence was "TIC have a special tour to Japan which goes to these places etc etc... call this number etc", with a picture of Mt Fuji in the background. That was put in for free after one of the mag's journos was delighted with the Asian food hamper I sent her. So what I have learnt is that not everything is black and white in business. It's not about prices per word or prices per centimetre. It really is about relationships - who your friends are, or better, who your "friends" are. I was also chuffed to see real evidence of my hard work. This is what I wanted out of marketing, and I got a bit of it. I always wanted to be behind the scenes, and I finally got a taste of it.

On that note, I called a temping agency today, and said I was after short-term assignments, and that I had just been working in sales and marketing. The consultant, always on the lookout for new recruitees for permanent positions, told me there were some marketing roles going. I thought to myself 'as if it would be that easy' and quickly told her I only had 6 months experience. She finally put me through to the temping department.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Welcome. For Taiwan posts see March 2004 - Jan 2005. Enjoy!! Do leave a comment - I feel loved.

Archives
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / August 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / May 2010 / July 2010 / August 2010 / September 2010 / October 2010 / December 2010 / January 2011 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]